DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
Room 1005 SSW, MC 4690
1255 Amsterdam Avenue (between 121st and 122nd Street)
New York, NY 10027
Directions By Car
Columbia is best reached by taking the 95/96th Street exit off the Henry Hudson Parkway (West Side Highway). Use the 95th Street off ramp and turn left onto Riverside Drive. Proceed north to 120th Street, turn right and proceed three blocks to Amsterdam Avenue. Turn left onto Amsterdam Avenue and continue to 1255. The building will be on your right between 121st and 122nd streets.
To reach the Henry Hudson Parkway:
From the north:
- Take the New York Thruway (Route 87) to the Cross Bronx Expressway in the direction of the George Washington Bridge. Bear right as you approach the bridge and take the exit for the Henry Hudson Parkway south.
- The New England Thruway (I-95) becomes the Cross Bronx Expressway. Proceed as above.
- Take the Saw Mill Parkway south or the Cross Country Parkway west to the Henry Hudson Parkway south.
From the east:
- Take the Grand Central Parkway or Long Island Expressway west to the Cross Island Parkway north.
- Cross over the Throgs Neck Bridge to the Cross Bronx Expressway in the direction of the George Washington Bridge.
- Proceed as above.
From the south and west:
- Take the New Jersey Turnpike (I-95) north or I-80 east to the George Washington Bridge.
- As you cross the bridge, be careful to exit onto the Henry Hudson Parkway south.
Parking garages: in Riverside Church (on 120th Street between Claremont Avenue and Riverside Drive) or on 114th street close to Amsterdam avenue. Occasionally, street parking can be found in the neighborhood.
Directions By Train or Bus
Train service in New York arrives at Grand Central or Pennsylvania Station; bus service arrives at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. From any of these, you can take public transportation or a taxi north to the Columbia campus.
Directions By Air
La Guardia is the closest airport to the city and taxi service is available to the campus. As a much cheaper alternative, the M60 bus begins at LaGuardia Airport and stops at Columbia’s main gate. For those coming into John F. Kennedy or Newark Airport, bus service is available to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Taxi Service is also available from these two airports.
Five bus lines (M4, M11, M5, M60, M104) and one subway line (the Broadway IRT #1 local) serve the Columbia/Morningside Heights area. If you find yourself on the Broadway IRT #2 express or #3 express, be certain to change for the #1 local train at 96th Street. The Columbia stop is 116th Street.