HERE is information about requirements for graduation.
The 4 core required courses for the M.A. Statistics Degree are:
(1) GR5203: Probability (3 points)
(2) GR5204: Inference (3 points)
GR5203 and GR5204 are required to be taken sequentially in the first semester.
(3) GR5205: Linear Regression Models (3 points)
(4) CAPSTONE COURSE: All students must take at least one of the following two courses to graduate. If both are taken, one will be counted as the capstone and the other as a statistics elective.
- GR5291 Advanced Data Analysis (3 points): Taken in the second or last semester of the program.
- GR5242 Advanced Machine Learning (3 points) – GR5241 is the prerequisite for this course
Core courses cannot be waived regardless of prior background. For any course to count towards the MA Degree, it must be taken for a grade evaluation. P/F is not acceptable.
In addition to the four core courses are six electives (three must be from the Statistics Department) to complete the ten course/30 credit minimum to graduate.