The MA Program may be completed full-time or part-time. Students in F-1 status must complete the program full-time* and in three semesters maximum.
- Fall (Year One) – RU – required
- Spring (Year One) – RU – required
- Students may opt to take summer courses
- Fall (Year Two) – ER – Students may opt to take a third semester, but not a fourth.
Part-time students are required to:
- Take a minimum of two courses per semester,
- Complete a minimum of two RUs (Residence Units), and
- Finish the program within four years of the first semester of registration.
In order to maintain good standing in the program, a student must be making steady progress towards completing the degree and must maintain a 3.0 or better in the average of all the courses approved by the faculty adviser to count for graduation. Please note that a course may not be re-taken to improve the grade.
A student must also maintain 3.0 or better cumulative GPA. Per the GSAS website, “The cumulative GPA is derived from all courses in which a student has registered and received a grade, except in cases in which the student re-took a course after receiving an F.…