Partnership with the Faculty Adviser is designed to ensure that students matriculate successfully and plan course work that will lead to graduation. All students are assigned a Faculty Adviser before they register for their first semester.
The assigned Faculty Adviser is here to support each student’s academic goals in the program, but students are responsible for reaching out as needed. They should email to set up an appointment in advance. It is recommended to contact the Faculty Adviser prior to the beginning of each semester to review course selections, requirements for graduation, and to ask for help (if needed) before problems escalate.
The Faculty Adviser is a student’s primary source for conversations about:
- Academic and course advising and selection – including sequencing on required classes and review of electives.
- A student’s academic standing in the program (grades, missing exams, prolonged illness, etc.).
- The number of courses to take per semester, particularly if one is considering taking greater than four (primarily important during the first semester).
- Approving courses to count toward graduation.
- Any other matter that may affects one’s academic standing in the MA Program.