- This event has passed.
SUMMER 2023 SESSION A
May 22 - June 30
Summer Session: Classes are offered to students in the MA Statistics Program through SPS (School of Professional Studies). This is why courses may be labeled “S”. They are the same MA Statistics Courses as offered during the Fall & Spring Semesters (GR 52xx). Only course numbers that begin with “52” (not “42”) in the Statistics Department will count toward graduation.
- Please see SPS Registration and Calendars and the GSAS Calendar for dates and deadlines.
- Find classes in the Columbia University Directory.
Classes that Count for Graduation (GSAS Website)
- Require registration of ER (any student who has completed 2 RUs) or
- Require registration of the appropriate RU fraction (student with fewer than 2 RUs completed).
- May be approved electives from the Statistics Department or other schools or departments.
- Please read about cross-registration.
- Statistical Fieldwork GR5399: Required for a student seeking an internship through CPT.
- Courses with zero (0) credits: If this is your only class you do not need to register for ER or RU unit.
- HERE is summer tuition information.
Classes that Do Not Count for Graduation
MA students taking only summer courses that do not count toward their specific degree requirements (e.g., language study for reading knowledge) should contact the GSAS Office of Student Affairs in person at 107 Low Library or by email at gsas-studentaffairs@
Questions about registering for Summer courses in SPS can be sent to: email@example.com.
To drop the last class of Summer, fill-out the withdrawal form.