- Before CU: I graduated from Ohio State University in 2020 with a degree in Mathematics. During my undergrad, I worked in the Math department for two and a half years as a Math tutor in Calculus and Algebra.
- Interests: I love trying different healthy diets and seeing how my body changes. If I didn’t choose to study Statistics, I would become an interior designer. I have a deep interest in design and aesthetics.
“I joined Columbia’s MA Statistics Program to enhance the foundational knowledge in Statistics before launching my job as a data scientist. I volunteered to be a Student Representative because I love meeting people and I want to improve students’ experience throughout their studies in our program.”
- Before Columbia: I graduated from Franklin & Marshall College with a BA in Mathematics in 2020.
- My Interests: Outside of statistics and applied math, I generally enjoy being active, including weight lifting, bike riding, and hiking. I also enjoy exploring and playing video games.
- Prior to joining Columbia I was an Investment Banking professional where I worked as an Investment Manager and a Fixed Income Derivatives Trader (my last two roles). I hold an M.Sc. in Financial Engineering from the University of Pretoria, B.Com(Hons) in Financial Analysis and Portfolio Management from the University of Cape Town and a B.Sc. in Mathematical Statistics from the University of South Africa.
- In my spare time I enjoy reading nonfiction books, going to the gym, traveling and skydiving.
I chose Columbia University because it’s a world-class academic institution. I joined the MA program mainly to deepen and improve on my technical skills. I like the program’s pool of elective courses which range from Data Science to Math Finance. As a Student Rep I will get an opportunity to mentor, network and play an active role in the Department of Statistics.