- Prior to Columbia: Working at Numerix, a fintech company, as a financial engineer for 3 years. Before that, worked in actuarial consulting at Milliman for two years. Graduated from University of Iowa with degrees in Actuarial Science, Mathematics and Finance.
- Most helpful course: Computational Statistics with Prof Liam Paninski
- Summer 2019: Maintain full-time job as a financial engineer, work on neural encoding with Prof Liam Paninski on the side, and Kaggle hard if there is time.
- Hybrid Program (online/on-campus) and a part-time student.
“Don't be afraid to take on a challenging course. No pain, no gain."
- Graduated from George Washington University, majoring in Statistics.
- Most helpful course in the MA Statistics Program: Multivariate Statistical Inference.
- Summer 2019: Analyst consultant at Entercom, running all the analytics for the NFL season.
- Part-time student.
“The statistics program at Columbia is a fantastic opportunity to expand the understanding of proper statistical analysis, and to receive exposure to excellent employment opportunities. The more you put in, the more you will get out of it.”