DEPARTMENT OF STATISTICS
Directions By Car
Columbia is best reached from the south by taking the 95/96th Street exit off the Henry Hudson Parkway (West Side Highway). Use the 95th Street off ramp and turn left onto Broadway. Turn left onto 115th Street. Watson Hall is in the middle of the block on the left (south) side.
Columbia is best reached from the north by taking the 125th Street exit off the Henry Hudson Parkway (West Side Highway). Use the 125th Street ramp and turn right onto 125th Street. Go to the first light and turn right onto Broadway (under the railroad tracks). Turn right onto 115th Street. Watson Hall is in the middle of the block on the left (south) side.
To reach the Henry Hudson Parkway:
From the north:
- Take the New York Thruway (Route 87) to the Cross Bronx Expressway in the direction of the George Washington Bridge. Bear right as you approach the bridge and take the exit for the Henry Hudson Parkway south.
- The New England Thruway (I-95) becomes the Cross Bronx Expressway. Proceed as above.
- Take the Saw Mill Parkway south or the Cross Country Parkway west to the Henry Hudson Parkway south.
From the east:
- Take the Grand Central Parkway or Long Island Expressway west to the Cross Island Parkway north.
- Cross over the Throgs Neck Bridge to the Cross Bronx Expressway in the direction of the George Washington Bridge.
- Proceed as above.
From the south and west:
- Take the New Jersey Turnpike (I-95) north or I-80 east to the George Washington Bridge.
- As you cross the bridge, be careful to exit onto the Henry Hudson Parkway south.
Parking garages: in Riverside Church (on 120th Street between Claremont Avenue and Riverside Drive) or on 114th street close to Amsterdam avenue. Occasionally, street parking can be found in the neighborhood.
Directions By Train or Bus
Train service in New York arrives at Grand Central or Pennsylvania Station; bus service arrives at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. From any of these, you can take public transportation or a taxi north to the Columbia campus.
Directions By Air
La Guardia is the closest airport to the city and taxi service is available to the campus. As a much cheaper alternative, the M60 bus begins at LaGuardia Airport and stops at Columbia’s main gate. For those coming into John F. Kennedy or Newark Airport, bus service is available to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Taxi Service is also available from these two airports.
Five bus lines (M4, M11, M5, M60, M104) and one subway line (the Broadway IRT #1 local) serve the Columbia/Morningside Heights area. If you find yourself on the Broadway IRT #2 express or #3 express, be certain to change for the #1 local train at 96th Street. The Columbia stop is 116th Street.