- This event has passed.
LAST DAY to request PASS/FAIL or R CREDIT
GSAS does not allow any changes to the selection of a Letter Grade or Pass/Fail or R credit after Thursday, November 17, 2022.
Courses taken for PASS/FAIL or R Credit DO NOT COUNT TOWARD GRADUATION. A class must have a LETTER GRADE to count toward graduation.
After November 17, the choice of Pass/Fail will remain.
A course taken for Pass/Fail cannot be taken a second time to receive a better grade.*
- Courses taken for R or Pass/Fail do not count towards the MA Statistics degree.
- Core classes may not be taken for R or P/F.
- Click HEREfor further details on the “Pass/Fail” grade.
- Not all courses are eligible for either P/F or R.
- For P/F, check in SSOL to see if the course is eligible for Pass/Fail and select.
- R grades must be approved by the course instructor. You must make an arrangement with the instructor.
- Click HERE for further details on the “R” grade.
The Faculty Adviser should be notified before the status of a course is changed.
- *Students are not allowed to re-register for a course to improve letter grade. (The only exception would be for a Grade of F which must be approved by the instructor, the Faculty Director of the MA Program, and the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences. While the second grade will be used to determine graduation, the original “F” will remain on the transcript and will affect the cumulative GPA that is visible on the transcript.)
**Deadlines for half-semester courses are different from full-semester courses. Half-semester courses must be dropped within the first two weeks. The deadline to change the grade of a half-semester course to Pass/Fail is the first day of the fifth week of the course. Core courses may NOT be taken for Pass/Fail or R Credit.