Key Department Information
- Important deadlines, registration for workshops, as well as key information will be included in the MA Weekly Newsletter, available exclusively to MA Statistics students.
- Be aware of our RSVP Policy. If you need to change your RSVP status, please email email@example.com.
- Use only your Columbia e-mail to correspond with the department, faculty and everyone else. Please review the Columbia University Email Communication Policy. Students are responsible for checking email frequently and responding to emails from community members in a timely fashion.
- Continue to check your email during breaks and the summer. If traveling out of the country, this is a helpful website to set up your email.
Of Interest to Statistics Students
Of Interest to Students in General
- Student Resources
- Office of University Life
- Columbia University Libraries: Click HERE for workshops.
- Graduate Student Advisory Council (GSAC) – GSAC is a student government organization that represents graduate students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Its goal is to improve quality of student life within Columbia. GSAC provides a platform in which students are able to voice their concerns to the Columbia administration.
- Student Governing Board (SGB) – The SGB represents and works for the needs of Columbia’s student organizations. SGB commits to the principle of community self-government, and believes that students’ needs are best professed and expressed by the students themselves.
- CU Arts Initiative – CU Arts Initiative is an excellent resource for NYC cultural activities for the CU community. It can provide students with ticket discounts as well as free admission to some museums, programs, activities, and performances around the city.
- Miller Theatre – In partnership with the Columbia University School of Arts, Miller Theatre is dedicated to producing and presenting unique events with a focus on contemporary and early music, jazz, opera, and multimedia performances.
- Emergency & more
- Student Health Services at Columbia – Hours of operation and location.
- CU Health Q&A – In connection with Columbia’s Health Services, Go Ask Alice! allows students to ask questions or search for information regarding fitness, nutrition, relationships, and more.
- Columbia Athletics – For information on sporting events and tickets.
- Fitness at Columbia – Your student activities fee provides access to the Dodge Fitness Center which has fitness classes, workout spaces, a swimming pool, a table tennis club and more.
- Columbia at Twilight: Click HERE to see a panoramic view of the Columbia University Campus at twilight
- Mindful Wednesdays: Free weekly workshop series with guided meditation and free vegetarian dinner. Every Wednesday at 6pm in Lerner Hall 568. For info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Columbia Counseling: Click HERE or call (212) 854-2878
- Columbia Health: Click HERE or call (212) 854-7426
- Office of University Chaplain: Click HERE or call (212) 854-1493
- Director of Student Wellness: Click HERE or call (212) 853-1369
- Nightline – Click HERE or call (212) 854-7777
- Columbia Bikeshare: Click HERE.
Getting Around New York City